Friday 12 October 2012

Barry M Magnetic Polish


I don't usually review beauty products but I wanted to do a quick post about Barry M's new magnetic nail polish range.

It can be hard to find nail varnishes that don't chip or take forever to dry-especially when trying to avoid the inevitable duvet imprint before bed-but Barry M has always impressed me. As nail brands go it ticks all the boxes: dries quickly, is reasonably priced and stays on for far longer than brands such as Rimmel, 17 and Topshop's range.


The Magnetic polish comes in 4 colours; I chose the dark silver shade (£5).

As I always do I started with a No. 7 base coat to stop the colour staining my nails and then applied my first coat of Barry M.


Once the first coat was dry I applied a second, as instructed, then immediately placed the magnet over my nail to create the effect.

The lid doubles up as a magnet and has a raised ridged to rest on your finger. I found it took a fairly thick second coat or even a third to create the desired effect and the magnet has to be applied straight away unless you want the look to be very subtle.


I was actually really pleased with the finished result. If you want something a bit different but aren't a pro at nail art, this is the perfect alternative and three days on there isn't a chip in sight.


2 comments:

  1. the colors great. it can look you elegant, sexy, funky, or shows emotional fashion.

    browsing Barry M. thanx for this post

    just me,
    www.phioxee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh pleasure! Glad you found it helpful my dear xx

      Delete