Tuesday 27 November 2012

Cambridge Satchels: One for the Wishlist

 
The Cambridge Satchel has been dubbed the 'Brit it-bag' and it's not hard to see why ARTICLE. Thanks to lesser known designer Julie Deane and her measly £600 budget, the uniform satchel has been reinvented with a twist on the traditional tan and black shades.

The bags have become a real fashion success story, with individuality and quirkiness forming the basis of their appeal. Unlike staple holdalls and shoppers, Deane's bags exude personality and in the mundane AW seasons inject a much needed splash of colour to monochrome outfits.

Neon varieties were huge for SS12 with fluorescent green, pink and orange being the favourite accessory of many-a-fashionista (envision Alexa Chung and Elle Fanning). For AW12, I have my eye on the new range of metallics and have swiftly made the addition to my Christmas list!

Satchels start from around £94 and along with their own website HERE, retail in Harrods, Harvey Nichols and ASOS HERE to name but a few.

3 comments:

  1. I love the Cambridge satchels as well, especially in neon yellow and that lovely gold metallic shade! <3 would collect them all if I could afford it haha.

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes same! The yellow is top of my Christmas list. Almost got myself one from Asos with a 20% off code but resisted temptation ha xx

      Delete
  2. I want one (or more) of these in either navy or black or grey or red or brown (those are sorta the only colors I wear)! Haha!

    Chao
    Poppie
    http://thepoppie.com

    ReplyDelete